Tuesday, July 7, 2009




These past few weeks have been spent burning the candle at both ends concentrating on my paperclay double and treble walled vessels. At this stage I am still eagerly awaiting the results of my first glaze firing. Today I finally get to open the kiln and have been praying to the Kiln goddess for good results. They are fragile pieces with tensions at many different points... so who knows what the results will be! I am excited and afraid all at the same time. They could be wonderful or they could tear apart during the firing. If all goes well i will be able to take them to the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition which opens on Friday (yes, 3 days left) I cant wait to see everyone and catch up on this years events. My events for this year have been trips to Scotland and Spain (thus the inspiration for new work).
I was also asked by the A.G.O to create some new vessels based on their Surreal things exhibition which is on over the summer so if you get a change to go then have a look at the pieces I made.
Will let you know my results soon.

1 comment:

Rachel Jayne Stevenson/Rogers said...

Gorgeous as I knew they would be. Ain't lost your touch..just gettin sharper!